My Role at TWE:
1. I moved to Australia from the UK in August 2017 with my family and live in the beautiful Sunshine State of Queensland.
2. My strong passion has always been photography, and I am hoping to one day run my own freelance photography business.
3. I have a YouTube channel where I cover pretty much anything in video form. Challenges, beauty, lifestyle, you name it and I'll do it!
4. I am friends with Melissa and Alex who are both writers here at TWE. I met Melissa back in the UK in college, and Alex in a Facebook group!
5. I suffer from anxiety and depression and have a fair share of knowledge in both, and have written blog posts on my blog about dealing with both.
6. I am a big bookworm! If you ever need recommendations I'm your girl!
My Top 3 Articles:
1)I'm Not Tired! by Locket
This article was more of an educational one for me to stumble upon. As someone who didn't know much about chronic fatigue, this article really opened up my eyes to know what chronic fatigue can really be like.
2)Going To School When Feeling Down by Jaz
In high school, I was on the edge of finding out why I was so down, and exhausted and feeling so alone. I remember towards my GCSE years I couldn't handle the stress and pressure of exams so I went into those exams with practically just thinking endlessly of nothing other than the present moment. When Jaz spoke about the rewards, I remember feeling the same. I told myself if I made it through the school day without faking some sort of sickness, I could watch as many episodes of Pretty Little Liars as I pleased, and binge eat a hecking bunch of chocolate. It was a very relatable article for me to read.
3)How To Rekindle Your Love of Reading by Anonymous
As a big reader, finding this article has given me the motivation to pick up a book and get cracking to finish the rest of my book! Since a young age, I've been in love with the magical world beyond the pages, and beyond ours. In year 11, I absolutely loved studying literature, so I really think its time I stuck my head back in a book!
Hello! My name is Abi and I am 18 years old. I love photography and writing and helping others understand mental health.
I joined TWE because after I guest wrote an article on anxiety and my ways of coping, I realised I wanted to carry on helping others with not only understanding mental illness, but also with other things in life they may be struggling with.
Getting to know the team at TWE was such an easy thing and I'm so grateful for the whole team in easing me in and lending a helping hand.