My roles at TWE:
1. I play the drums, and have been for nearly 7 years. I started lessons when I started secondary school in their music department, but shortly after got a private teacher.
2. I absolutely LOVE cats and have always said one of the first major investments I make would be to buy a cat. Sadly, my mum doesn't like pets, so I don't own one now.
3. At school, my favourite subject was English, and had been since I was in primary school.
4. I have loads of stuffed toys, they're all over my bed and in various places all over my room. I must have about 100-200 teddies.
5. My favourite band is Muse, I've been to a show from every tour since 2011, and I'm hoping to go again when they tour next
My top 3 articles:
Dealing with homesickness by Jaz - I like this one because I’ve always had a problem with getting homesick, and even now I struggle in unfamiliar places, but I think the advice here is really useful
Finding myself by Jinx- I think this article is great because I think it portrays the feelings of people who are thinking they may be in the LGBTQ+ community really well. I think it includes some really important advice for people questioning their sexuality, their gender identity, etc.., especially for people who may have been told that was wrong, as it touches on this point well.
Tips for relaxing by Naomi - I love this one mostly because it’s mostly just a list of really helpful relaxation techniques. Everyone gets a little stressed sometimes, and I think trying some of the tips on this article would be really useful.
My Own Articles:
My Social Media:
Instagram - @heyitsemmyx
Hi! I'm Emmy, I'm 18 years old, and I'm a head member, writer, and social media admin here at TWE. I joined TWE as a writer in January 2018 and quickly found myself getting more and more interested in the organisation. A few months after joining, I began training to be a head member and was lucky enough to be chosen! Since then, my interest in TWE has only grown with my involvement, and I really enjoy doing all of my head roles alongside being a social media admin and writer.
I joined Teenagers With Experience because I'm no stranger to hardship, I've gone through so many ups and downs as a teenager and want to share my experience with others who may need advice on the same things. Even during my time at TWE, I've continued to experience many new things that I've dealt with and can help others cope with too. Life can be difficult, so I hope that my articles and posts help people with the problems they may face, and that it makes them feel as though they're not alone.