- I play the trombone, which explains my strange affiliation towards jazz and swing.
- Along with jazz, I love disco music and WILL disco dance along the road if need be.
- I also love all things 80s: the clothes, the music, the mullets and all.
- Top Gun, The Breakfast Club, The Rocky Horror Picture Show and Ferris Bueller's Day Off are the best movies EVER.
- Reading is my entire life. You name it, I've probably read it.
- I can't survive the day without at least 5 cups of coffee.
- I volunteer with PDSA every Saturday.
My Top 3 Articles:
1) Confidence is key, by Taz. I think it's a really great way to explain how important confidence and self-esteem is and why we shouldn't be afraid to be confident in ourselves.
2) This isn't all it is, by Elizabeth. After struggling a lot with my mental health in the past year, this has been something I needed to hear and that I think will have helped others too.
3) What is feminism?, by Jaz. It explains clearly the misconceptions of feminism and what it's actually about.
My Own Articles:
Instagram and Snapchat - isla.keenan
Hi! My name is Isla, I’m 15 and from Scotland. I love to read and write, though my favourite subject is Computing Science. I saw an advert for TWE on Instagram and decided to apply because I have far too much time on my hands and would like to improve my writing. I also think that through my writing I can talk about my experiences and how to deal with them, and hope that my articles inspire people to open up more about their own problems or feelings. I believe that it’s important to share things with other people who are going through similar things to you, and help them in any way possible.
My Role at TWE: