Most people have lost someone. A grandparent, a parent, a sibling, a friend, or others. Loss is inevitable. It happens to everyone eventually. In my case, my older sister had killed herself. She had done it near the holidays. To this day I still stare at photos wishing she was here.
It is always going to be hard. You will spend time missing them and looking at photos, wishing they were in front of the pretty tree with you.
Here are a few things I do during the christmas holiday:
- When you miss someone you lost, hug a teddy bear
- When you hug a teddy bear, it can feel like you are hugging them. Especially when there is a picture near by. It feels like they are with you once again
- Spend time with friends/family you still have
- Sometimes spending time with the people you have, remind you of happy times. When you are reminded of happy times, you will feel less sad about the fact your friend/family/other is gone.
- Bake some of your favourite treat.
- Your favourite treats often make you happy or smile because they smell and taste good. Plus the treats are fun to make and make you feel good once you are done!
- Wear comfy clothes
- Comfy clothes can often feel like a hug, and sometimes that is what you need most when you are missing someone you love.
- Watch happy movies!
- These movies do not need to be Christmas themed, but happy movies can make you feel all happy and bubbly when you feel down and flat.