My Role at TWE:
Supervisor of Writers
Social Media Admin
Hey I'm Kaitlyn, I'm 20 and I study Media, Communications and Cultural Studies at Newcastle University in the UK! I'm currently in my second year and I moved here from lovely Liverpool! I'm a huge film and especially games nerd and you can usually catch me doing something to do with gaming. I'm the writers lead for TWE and I absolutely love my volunteer job here. I write a lot about school life, university life and exams because I went through those things with very little advice and I want to help as many people as I can! Enjoy reading through our fantastic articles! x
1. I live with my boyfriend of 2 years even though we are only 19, which I think is a little unusual
2. I have a really unhealthy obsession with the band All Time Low and have done since I was 13, and even though I mostly listen to completely different music now, I think I would take a bullet for any member
3. I hope to one day become a media/film/english language teacher as they were my A-Levels and I would love to be the type of teacher that actually makes a difference with a student
4. I may or may not have a slight caffeine addiction
5. I can struggle with anxiety a lot!!!! That is probably my biggest mental health issue and I am in the process of getting better!
My Top 3 Articles:
My first favourite article is by a Guest Writer (I believe the name is Abi) titled 'Dealing With Anxiety and Panic Attacks: What to Do' as it actually taught me a new way of calming down from a panic attack that I didn't previously know about!
My second favourite article is 'Girls, Society and Sexuality' by Jazz as it is so thorough and detailed and I absolutely love her writing style!
My final favourite article is 'University Worries' by Charlie as I actually did read this just before I left for university myself and I found it so useful, it calmed me down from a lot of the pressures of starting university and made me feel like I'd be okay there!
My Own Articles:
Twitter @katmaraclemedia I mostly retweet either funny things or things to do with the film/media industry.