'Just be yourself. Let people see the real, imperfect, flawed, quirky, weird, beautiful, magical person that you are.'
- I actually have two published books which are available to buy but seeing as though I wrote them aged 13 and 15, I now look back at them and cringe.
- I once met Terry Deary, the author of Horrible Histories, and accidentally called him Terry Dreary. I wanted to run away and hide in a hole right then and there but instead I profusely apologised. Luckily, he just laughed and said people get it wrong all the time.
- I am bisexual and think that women are absolutely blooming gorgeous.
- I have an unhealthy obsession with drag queens and RuPaul’s Drag Race. If I was a man, my profession would have been a drag queen.
- I am an only child and when I was little, I created an imaginary sister who went everywhere with me.
My Top Three Articles:
1) When Words Leave A Scar by Beth because it's really well written and an important topic because people often don't fully understand the effects of emotional abuse.
2) AIDS by Sophia because it's got a really nice format of a Q&A so it's different from all the other articles and stands out.
3) Not So Pride Month by Anonymous because it seems so unusual to not be as proud as everyone else but I imagine so many people feel that way and it lets them know that it's fine and its written very honestly and seems very genuine.
I’m Kenzie, I’m 18 years old and from the UK. I recently applied to TWE because I personally find it easier to talk to and get advice from strangers of the Internet than to communicate with people in real life. I know I can’t be the only one who feels like this. So, I decided to be one of those strangers on the internet for someone else who needs a support system. Sometimes people have nowhere else to go, but I want to give people that safe space to talk about their problems and how they feel without being judged. I have 17 years of stories, experiences and awkward encounters under my belt and I hope to share them with you so that you know the things I’d wish I’d known. I don’t want anyone to make the same mistakes and go through what I went through. I don’t want people to feel as alone and worthless as I did. I hope to help people and make a difference to someone’s life, even if it’s just a small difference. Every life is beautiful and precious and worth living. If I can make someone believe that then I will do my very best to do just that.