I’m Kenzie, I’m 17 years old and from the UK. I recently applied to TWE because I personally find it easier to talk to and get advice from strangers of the Internet than to communicate with people in real life. I know I can’t be the only one who feels like this. So, I decided to be one of those strangers on the internet for someone else who needs a support system. Sometimes people have nowhere else to go, but I want to give people that safe space to talk about their problems and how they feel without being judged. I have 17 years of stories, experiences and awkward encounters under my belt and I hope to share them with you so that you know the things I’d wish I’d known. I don’t want anyone to make the same mistakes and go through what I went through. I don’t want people to feel as alone and worthless as I did. I hope to help people and make a difference to someone’s life, even if it’s just a small difference. Every life is beautiful and precious and worth living. If I can make someone believe that then I will do my very best to do just that.
- I actually have two published books which are available to buy but seeing as though I wrote them aged 13 and 15, I now look back at them and cringe.
- I once met Terry Deary, the author of Horrible Histories, and accidentally called him Terry Dreary. I wanted to run away and hide in a hole right then and there but instead I profusely apologised. Luckily, he just laughed and said people get it wrong all the time.
- I am bisexual and think that women are absolutely blooming gorgeous.
- I have an unhealthy obsession with drag queens and RuPaul’s Drag Race. If I was a man, my profession would have been a drag queen.
- I love flower crowns with a passion. I currently own three and my collection is ever growing.
- I have practically no idea what I want to do for the rest of my life but I think I’d enjoy something to do with children, something Photography related or something with an aspect of creative writing.
- I am an only child and when I was little, I created an imaginary sister who went everywhere with me.