* Drink water! One of the easiest ways to help get rid of the flu is to drink plenty of fluids.
* Soup! Cuddle up with your pets, or a blanket, and a bowl of your favourite soup. It can really help.
* Stock up on tissues! A little less fun, but make sure to blow your nose regularly. Sniffing can make the mucus go into your throat which isnt a fun time.
* Listen to your body! If you regularly take a jog, or go to the gym, but your body isnt feeling up to it, listen! A few days of rest isnt going to hurt. In fact, it'll help get rid of that horrible cold.
* Keep warm! Sleep with a hot water bottle to keep yourself warm at night and use a hot cloth on your forehead when you have headaches.
* Cough drops are your friend! Find your favourite flavour of cough drop or throat lozenge and suck on one every few hours. These are surprisingly helpful!
* Gargle water! Gargling water can help shift the mucus from your throat, especially if you've been lying down for a certain amount of time.
* Self care! Overall, just look after yourself. Remember to eat regularly. Get a warm blanket and settle down to watch your favourite film. It'll pass.
I hope some of these tips help you during the flu season. I hope you're all having a good week so far.